“This class gave me the information and confidence to expand my learning beyond this class as well as take on a new career as a Software Tester."-Student
Quality Assurance Testing
This certificate program is designed to teach Software Testing and Quality Assurance in a hands-on manner and prepare the participants for a career in this field. The course will provide instruction and hands-on training for the students to feel confident and begin working in the industry as junior tester or QA Analyst.
Participants will learn
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Fundamental concepts in software testing, including software testing objectives, process, criteria, strategies, and methods.
- Various software testing issues and solutions in software unit testing, integration, regression, and system testing.
- Techniques and skills on how to use modern software testing tools to support software testing projects.
- Planning a test project, design test cases and data, conduct testing operations, manage software problems and defects, generate a testing report.
- Advanced software testing topics, such as object-oriented software testing methods, and component-based software testing issues, challenges, and solutions.
- Understand software test automation problems and solutions.
Audience and Prerequisites
This course is designed for individuals who have some basic computer experience and wish to prepare as a Software Tester or Quality Assurance Analyst. Related experience might include familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and using the Internet browsers.
Course Outline Detail
Software Quality Assurance and Testing Basics
- What is Software Quality Assurance (SQA), SQA vs. Software Testing
- The profession of SQA
- Knowledge and skill areas for SQA and Testing
- SDLC – Software Development Life Cycle
- Patterns or Approaches of SDLC
Requirements Analysis and more about testing basics
- What are software requirements
- Types of software requirements
- Analysis Techniques
- Requirements Quality Analysis
- STLC – Software Testing Life Cycle
- Defect life cycle
- Types of testing, black box, white box, sanity testing, regression testing
Test Planning & Documentation
- Test plan
- Test case
- Traceability Matrix
- Test Reports
- SQL Query Joins
- Front end testing
- UNIX testing and LINUX testing to validate servers and log files
- Quality Center | HP ALM – application life cycle management tool to cover requirements, test plan, Test case, defects and test lab, resources and dashboard module.
- Security Testing
Backend Testing, Security Testing & Mobile Testing
- SQL queries to validate database
- Code review
- Log Files review
- Security Testing
- Mobile Testing
Load, Performance, Stress, Security, Mobile Testing
- Analysis of load, performance and stress testing
- Deep issues of performance
- Performance testing tools
Click here to download
the registration form (fax or mail)
*Full payment by Visa or Mastercard only required at the time of online registration.
March 26, 2018 - May 16, 2018
Mondays and Wednesdays
Time: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Enhance your organization's competitive edge!
George Mason University's TechAdvance Program can tailor programs to meet your organization's needs. Companies or agencies interested in bringing this program on site should contact TechAdvance at 703-993-1551.
|Online contact form
||George Mason University
The Volgenau School of IT&E
||3351 Fairfax Drive, Suite 448
||Arlington, VA 22201